aurora-dev mailing list archives

From Maxim Khutornenko <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Should we maintain the thermos abstraction?
Date Wed, 24 Jun 2015 22:44:58 GMT
I generally agree on the cognitive overhead point as it's not easy to
maintain mental picture of all dependencies especially for someone
without much domain knowledge.

That said, I recognize the value of Thermos that was conceived as a
standalone system not necessarily constrained by the Aurora. Would it
make sense to consider forking Thermos out as an independent project
and consume it as an external versioned dependency? Is Thermos
independence worth the increased development overhead?