aurora-dev mailing list archives

From Maxim Khutornenko <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Health Checks for Updates design review
Date Wed, 06 May 2015 17:09:37 GMT
Thanks for your comment, Stephan. I have moved it into the doc to keep
discussion history in one place.

On Wed, May 6, 2015 at 1:33 AM, Erb, Stephan
<Stephan.Erb@blue-yonder.com> wrote:
> Hi Maxim,
>
> I am not keen on the potential risk of tasks getting stuck in STARTING. We perform auto-scaling
of jobs, so there might be nobody around to notice and correct the problem in time.

> How about keeping the initial_interval_secs and just change its meaning to be grace period,
so that health checks are triggered but errors ignored during this interval.

> The initial_interval_secs is then a user-configurable upper bound of when a job is meant
to be working. It can even be set rather high, because it won't affect the update performance.