aurora-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Schenck <sche...@hioscar.com>
Subject Plotting state transitions
Date Thu, 09 Apr 2015 15:49:07 GMT
Hi all,

I need to be able to plot state transitions from a Job-level at bare
minimum.  I've put together a patch to thermos-observer (attached:
thermos-statsd.patch).

Now, I understand that the Observer is likely to be going away, so I was
thinking about creating a similar patch for the executor, possibly for
possibly in ThermosTaskRunner.compute_status
<https://github.com/mschenck/aurora/blob/master/src/main/python/apache/aurora/executor/thermos_task_runner.py#L183-L205>.
My last thought would be to include a Process that *tails* the checkpoint
log similarly to the Observer.

What is the preferred approach to accomplishing this goal?

Best regards,
Michael Schenck