aurora-dev mailing list archives

From "Erb, Stephan" <Stephan....@blue-yonder.com>
Subject Pass slave-ip to user process
Date Mon, 30 Mar 2015 14:28:20 GMT
Hi everyone,

we are running our Mesos slaves on hosts with multiple network interfaces and would like to
specifically bind started services to the ip used to start the Mesos slave (as specified via
--ip).

Mesos seems to export this ip via the LIBPROCESS_IP environment variable. However thermos
is explicitly overwriting the environment [1].

As a workaround, we are reading a global config in /etc, but with progressing disk isolation
in Mesos this does not seem like a good long term solution.

Any ideas how to properly solve this problem in Aurora?

Regards,
Stephan

[1] https://github.com/apache/aurora/blob/master/src/main/python/apache/thermos/core/process.py#L341