aurora-dev mailing list archives

From Joseph Smith <yasumo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: time constraint on aurora jobs?
Date Wed, 25 Feb 2015 07:45:48 GMT
Very good question.. to my knowledge there is not a ‘time’ constraint.

However, you could implement this in a few ways. One of my first thoughts is to setup a custom
StatusChecker <https://github.com/apache/incubator-aurora/blob/e6e7e53d92b52d78960824022bef8a0546002180/src/main/python/apache/aurora/executor/common/status_checker.py#L68>
which checks the length of a task's runtime. StatusCheckers can return an ExitState <https://github.com/apache/incubator-aurora/blob/e6e7e53d92b52d78960824022bef8a0546002180/src/main/python/apache/aurora/executor/common/status_checker.py#L27>
which can end a task. FAILED will allow a Service() to be restarted, but KILLED should (if
I’m following right) actually prevent that from being rescheduled unless a user manually
reschedules it, which may or may not be what you’re looking for.

An example of this is the HealthChecker <https://github.com/apache/incubator-aurora/blob/467bc56049cc775eaf61520a464b363d44023024/src/main/python/apache/aurora/executor/common/health_checker.py>,
which causes a task to go into ‘FAILED’ if it does not pass a specified health check.

Please let me know if that makes sense!
Joe