aurora-dev mailing list archives

From Bhuvan Arumugam <bhu...@apache.org>
Subject reasonable preemption delay to use
Date Mon, 16 Feb 2015 06:14:06 GMT
Hello,
Recently, in one of our clusters we noticed production jobs go to
PENDING state, due to insufficient CPU. The non production jobs are
not preempted, as we haven't used --preemption_delay flag for
scheduler. The default value for this flag is 10mins. Why is it too
high? Is there any reasoning behind using 10mins as a default value?

We are thinking to to use 2mins for this flag. We wouldn't want to
wait beyond 2mins to run a prod job during resource constraint. Does
it sound reasonable? What's the typical preemption delay used by SREs?

--
Regards,
Bhuvan Arumugam