aurora-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From ASF IRC Bot <asf...@urd.zones.apache.org>
Subject Summary of IRC Meeting in #aurora
Date Tue, 17 Feb 2015 19:23:45 GMT
Summary of IRC Meeting in #aurora at Tue Feb 17 19:03:01 2015:

Attendees: thalin, wickman, jfarrell, jcohen, wfarner, kts, mkhutornenko, zmanji, Floomi,
t3hSteve, dlester

- Preface
- Graduation
  - Action: jfarrell will start a community vote towards graduation from the Apache Incubator
- 0.8.0 planning
  - Action: wfarner to solicit input on dev list for targeted features


IRC log follows:

## Preface ##
[Tue Feb 17 19:03:37 2015] <wfarner>: Welcome to the community meeting, everyone!  The
meeting is not restricted to committers, everyone is encouraged to participate.
[Tue Feb 17 19:03:43 2015] <wfarner>: let's start with a roll call
[Tue Feb 17 19:03:44 2015] <wfarner>: here
[Tue Feb 17 19:03:47 2015] <kts>: here
[Tue Feb 17 19:03:49 2015] <mkhutornenko>: here
[Tue Feb 17 19:03:56 2015] <zmanji>: here
[Tue Feb 17 19:04:09 2015] <jcohen>: here
[Tue Feb 17 19:04:11 2015] <wickman>: here
[Tue Feb 17 19:04:45 2015] <dlester>: hello ( ^_^)/
[Tue Feb 17 19:05:56 2015] <Floomi>: hey folks - question about the docker integration.
if i specify a job to run in a container, i assume all tasks/processes will be run inside
the same container instance?
[Tue Feb 17 19:06:22 2015] <thalin>: here
[Tue Feb 17 19:06:36 2015] <kts>: Floomi: one container per task, each process will
run in that container
[Tue Feb 17 19:06:48 2015] <Floomi>: what about subtasks?
[Tue Feb 17 19:07:04 2015] <jfarrell>: here
[Tue Feb 17 19:07:05 2015] <wfarner>: dlester: would you like to open with a discussion
about graduation?
[Tue Feb 17 19:07:21 2015] <Floomi>: oh sorry, have i wandered into your meeting - i'll
shut up
[Tue Feb 17 19:07:29 2015] <wfarner>: :-)
[Tue Feb 17 19:07:33 2015] <wfarner>: it's your meeting too!
[Tue Feb 17 19:07:49 2015] <Floomi>: yes, but you have an agenda, and meeting time is
not "random user support" time
[Tue Feb 17 19:07:51 2015] <wfarner>: but yes, we can assist after
[Tue Feb 17 19:07:58 2015] <Floomi>: ACTION thumbsup
## Graduation ##
[Tue Feb 17 19:08:18 2015] <dlester>: Since we've released 0.7.0, sounds like this is
a great opportunity to bring up a community vote for graduation
[Tue Feb 17 19:08:56 2015] <dlester>: jfarrell: since you kicked off a resolution, is
this something you'd like to do?
[Tue Feb 17 19:08:57 2015] <jfarrell>: dlester: i'll start the thread
[Tue Feb 17 19:09:13 2015] <dlester>: Info is on the incubator guide: http://incubator.apache.org/guides/graduation.html#tlp-community-vote
[Tue Feb 17 19:10:07 2015] <jfarrell>: i'll update the status page with the latest dates
for everything and then send to dev@
[Tue Feb 17 19:11:39 2015] <wfarner>: anything else on that topic?
[Tue Feb 17 19:11:41 2015] <dlester>: #action jfarrell will start a community vote towards
graduation from the Apache Incubator
[Tue Feb 17 19:12:33 2015] <dlester>: wfarner: when should we begin discussing 0.8.0?
Perhaps we should kickoff an email thread, similar to what was done for 0.7.0?
[Tue Feb 17 19:12:57 2015] <zmanji>: There is already a ticket for 0.8.0 rc. I think
we need to select a Release Manager and decide what will be in the release
## 0.8.0 planning ##
[Tue Feb 17 19:13:12 2015] <jfarrell>: +1, would love to see the packaging support get
into that as bin releases will have different licencing requirements
[Tue Feb 17 19:13:34 2015] <wfarner>: #action wfarner to solicit input on dev list for
targeted features
[Tue Feb 17 19:14:29 2015] <wfarner>: any feature requests while on the topic?  i will
seed the discussion thread with things gathered here
[Tue Feb 17 19:14:59 2015] <zmanji>: I would like to see packaging and wickman’s work
to dual read thermos checkpoints
[Tue Feb 17 19:15:00 2015] <kts>: i'd like to target inclusion of shiro for that release
[Tue Feb 17 19:15:44 2015] <wickman>: +1 to dual read checkpoints in 0.8.0
[Tue Feb 17 19:15:47 2015] <mkhutornenko>: it would really be great to graduate beta-updater
and start deprecating client one
[Tue Feb 17 19:16:20 2015] <zmanji>: I’m sure there are some other features on the
0.8.0 ticket as well
[Tue Feb 17 19:16:24 2015] <wfarner>: these all sound great
[Tue Feb 17 19:16:42 2015] <wfarner>: AURORA-904
[Tue Feb 17 19:16:45 2015] <wfarner>: nothing there yet
[Tue Feb 17 19:17:12 2015] <t3hSteve>: personally I'd love to see work on moving to
pesos in the executor to remove the native dependencies
[Tue Feb 17 19:17:12 2015] <wfarner>: aside for client-side update removal (need to
change that to deprecation)
[Tue Feb 17 19:17:22 2015] <wfarner>: +1 to pesos
[Tue Feb 17 19:17:40 2015] <zmanji>: It sounds like we have a very full featured release
then
[Tue Feb 17 19:17:58 2015] <zmanji>: wfarner: Can you thread also nominate a time and
ask for possible release managers?
[Tue Feb 17 19:18:00 2015] <zmanji>: *your
[Tue Feb 17 19:18:47 2015] <wfarner>: zmanji: sure, though release cadence was previously
established to be ~monthly
[Tue Feb 17 19:19:06 2015] <wfarner>: anything else on this topic?
[Tue Feb 17 19:19:07 2015] <jcohen>: These are a lot of items for 0.8.0, many of which
are only in the beginning stages.
[Tue Feb 17 19:19:25 2015] <jcohen>: If we want all of them in 0.8.0 it might be awhile
before we have a release candidate
[Tue Feb 17 19:19:25 2015] <jfarrell>: will probably need to prune to keep at a month
[Tue Feb 17 19:19:34 2015] <jcohen>: nod
[Tue Feb 17 19:20:15 2015] <jfarrell>: i'll take RM duties for 0.8 if there are no other
takers
[Tue Feb 17 19:20:28 2015] <wfarner>: jfarrell: thanks!  i will note that in the thread
[Tue Feb 17 19:20:48 2015] <wickman>: i think we can make pesos an option for 0.8.0
but i don't think it's feasible to make it the default for a few more releases unless there
is some substantial contribution.  it may make sense to move it into a new repo for that to
happen as well.
[Tue Feb 17 19:21:32 2015] <wfarner>: sounds good
[Tue Feb 17 19:21:48 2015] <wfarner>: does anyone else have a topic to discuss?
[Tue Feb 17 19:21:50 2015] <jfarrell>: could make that a 0.9 driver, at least give a
window to get it in and tested
[Tue Feb 17 19:23:17 2015] <jfarrell>: looks like thats it
[Tue Feb 17 19:23:27 2015] <wfarner>: thanks, folks!
[Tue Feb 17 19:23:31 2015] <wfarner>: ASFBot: meeting stop


Meeting ended at Tue Feb 17 19:23:31 2015

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/mixed (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message