aurora-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Lester <d...@davelester.org>
Subject Re: Apache Aurora meet up in San Francisco, Feb 19th
Date Tue, 17 Feb 2015 19:24:29 GMT

A quick reminder, an Apache Aurora meetup is taking place on Thursday
starting at 6pm. Hope you can make it! We already have over 100 folks
registered.

You can register here:
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/apache-aurora-meet-up-tickets-15618171371

And yes, we'll post videos from the event -- but we hope you'll join us
face-to-face if you can make it!

Dave

On Tue, Feb 3, 2015, at 10:13 AM, Dave Lester wrote:
> The Bay Area Mesos User Group just announced a meet up in San
> Francisco that will feature a night of talks about Apache Aurora[1], a
> Mesos framework for long-running services and cron jobs. Book your
> calendars for Thursday, February 19th starting at 6pm!
>
> You can RSVP here:
> https://www.eventbrite.com/e/apache-aurora-meet-up-tickets-15618171371
>
> At this meet up, we'll kick off the talks with Steve Niemitz who is in
> town from NYC and will tell us about how TellApart is using Aurora and
> Docker to migrate to a microservice architecture. Steve contributed
> the patch to add Docker support to the Aurora 0.7.0 release.
> Afterwards, Aurora and Mesos SRE Joe Smith will describe the setup and
> operation of Twitter's clusters, and reveal best practices for keeping
> your cluster running smoothly. We'll wrap up with a panel discussion
> of several Aurora adopters, covering how they're using Aurora and got
> up and running, and they'll also take audience questions.
>
> Hope you can make it to our meet up on the 19th!
>
> Cheers, Dave

Links:

  1. http://aurora.incubator.apache.org