aurora-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Lester <d...@davelester.org>
Subject Apache Aurora meet up in San Francisco, Feb 19th
Date Tue, 03 Feb 2015 18:12:02 GMT

The Bay Area Mesos User Group just announced a meet up in San Francisco
that will feature a night of talks about Apache Aurora[1], a Mesos
framework for long-running services and cron jobs. Book your calendars
for Thursday, February 19th starting at 6pm!

You can RSVP here:
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/apache-aurora-meet-up-tickets-15618171371

At this meet up, we'll kick off the talks with Steve Niemitz who is in
town from NYC and will tell us about how TellApart is using Aurora and
Docker to migrate to a microservice architecture. Steve contributed the
patch to add Docker support to the Aurora 0.7.0 release. Afterwards,
Aurora and Mesos SRE Joe Smith will describe the setup and operation of
Twitter's clusters, and reveal best practices for keeping your cluster
running smoothly. We'll wrap up with a panel discussion of several
Aurora adopters, covering how they're using Aurora and got up and
running, and they'll also take audience questions.

Also, a quick reminder about Mesos User Groups in general: these are
open to enthusiasts who'd like to host or speak about Mesos and its
ecosystem. If that's you, please speak up! There's a list of organizers
listed for each group (for example: listed on
http://www.meetup.com/Bay-Area-Mesos-User-Group/); you can contact us
via meetup.com and we'll do our best to schedule something! Meetups are
a great opportunity to share with the community what you're doing as
well as get feedback from your peers. I hope to see more events in the
Bay Area and beyond, including thematically organized events like the
one above. Pitch us your ideas and let's make them a reality.

Hope you can make it to our meet up on the 19th!

Cheers, Dave

Links:

  1. http://aurora.incubator.apache.org