aurora-dev mailing list archives

From Arunabha Ghosh <arunabha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: AURORA-507
Date Thu, 29 Jan 2015 06:22:56 GMT
Thanks Chris !

After a look at the code here's the approach I'm considering

1) Override releaseLock in LockManager to take an extra parameter which can
be used to return extra information.
2) Add a doesLockExist method to the LockStore interface and implement that
in DbLockStore and WriteAheadStorage
3) Use the doesLockExist method in the implementations of the overridden
releaseLock method in LockManager
2) Make SchedulerThriftInterface call the overloaded version of releaseLock
in LockManager and add extra information to the response if needed.

Does that seem like a reasonable way to proceed ?

I have a few questions

1) I'm also a little bit mystified by the LockMapper interface which does
not seem to be implemented anywhere. DbLockStore uses this interface.
2) WriteAheadStorage uses a LockStore.Mutable member to implement the
actual removeLock method, however I'm unable to figure out which
implementation of LockStore.Mutable is being used as the WriteAheadStorage
class is instantiated in LogStorage which is instantiated by Guice (Blast!,
I thought I'd seen the last of Guice)

Thanks,
Arunabha

On Tue, Jan 27, 2015 at 9:07 PM, Chris Lambert <clambert@twitter.com.invalid