aurora-dev mailing list archives

From Alexius Ludeman <...@lexinator.com>
Subject Re: remove old slaves from aurora
Date Tue, 13 Jan 2015 19:17:55 GMT
After chatting on irc, i've opened a jira:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AURORA-1007

Summary of chat:

lexinator hi
lexinator i asked tis morning, but I'm going to ask again; is there a way
to make aurora forget about [old] slaves?
zmanji lexinator: what do you mean “forget” ?
lexinator aurora keeps track of every slave it's ever seen
lexinator mesos has definitely forgotten about the slave many months ago
zmanji lexinator: it seems that this data is still in the host attribute
store
lexinator i'm trying to write scripts for reconciliation of slaves from
aurora and mesos perspective
zmanji I’m not familiar on the process on having that data removed. This
sounds like a good question for the dev@ mailing list or filing a JIRA
ticket
lexinator the best i can do for now is to run aurora_admin host_deactivate
wfarner lexinator: you're right, there's a space leak in this part of the
storage
wfarner this has been known for a while, not that it's the right thing to do
lexinator what is the slave data kept for?
lexinator i can imagine just a simple TTL is sufficient for this
zmanji lexinator: unfortunately maintenance state can last forever so a
simple TTL is not helpful
wfarner lexinator: ultimately it's kept just because we have no signal for
when a host is decommissioned
lexinator wfarner, zmanji: ok, then just make an explicit decomission
command
wfarner that's probably the best answer
wfarner thanks