aurora-dev mailing list archives

From Kevin Sweeney <kevi...@apache.org>
Subject Re: When (if ever) should we require JDK 8?
Date Thu, 22 Jan 2015 20:00:11 GMT
Adopting Java8 syntax would get us significant gains in productivity and
code readability.

Using JRE8 in production should get us some significant performance gains,
though how significant would require performance benchmarks.

IMO our target platform is 3-5 servers per Mesos cluster and we shouldn't
consider it an operational burden to install the currently-supported
version of the JRE.

So I'm +1 to adopting JDK8, and soon.