aurora-dev mailing list archives

From Bill Farner <wfar...@apache.org>
Subject [DISCUSS] Features for 0.7.0
Date Mon, 01 Dec 2014 21:17:11 GMT
Now that 0.6.0 is buttoned up, it's time to think about what we would like
to shoot for in 0.7.0 [1]!

Framing the discussion - i'd like to suggest we keep 0.7.0 a 'minor'
release to allow us to wrap it up by mid Q1.  So while lofty goals are more
than welcome in JIRA, let's be somewhat resistant to them in the upcoming
release.

To summarize what's currently on the docket, we have:
- removal of several minor deprecated behaviors [2]
- begin phasing out the 'v1' client
- promote server-side updates, phase out client-side job update behavior

With that in mind, what else would you all (non-committers welcome) like to
see in 0.7.0?

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AURORA-872
[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AURORA-423

-=Bill