aurora-dev mailing list archives

From Kevin Sweeney <kevi...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Using immutables.org for Java code
Date Wed, 17 Dec 2014 21:03:44 GMT
One of the most exciting features of immutables.org collections (over our
custom-generated ones) are the structural-sharing "wither" methods [1]. So
instead of 2 deep copies in our version:

ITaskConfig productionTaskConfig =
ITaskConfig.build(taskConfig.newBuilder().setProduction(true));

we do a single structural-sharing shallow-copy:

ITaskConfig productionTaskConfig = taskConfig.withProduction(true);

[1] http://immutables.github.io/immutable.html#toc15