aurora-dev mailing list archives

From David McLaughlin <da...@dmclaughlin.com>
Subject Re: Proposal: External Update Coordination
Date Fri, 10 Oct 2014 20:28:34 GMT
   - A heartbeatJobUpdate RPC is called with the matching update ID.
   Scheduler resets countdown and responds with STOP

Paused is a tricky state because the user can resume at any time. I'd
propose we have a different response here. You really don't want to "stop"
monitoring the update while it is in a non-terminal state. You might want
to be aware that your heartbeat is a no-op, though.