aurora-dev mailing list archives

From Joshua Cohen <jco...@twopensource.com>
Subject Re: Proposal: External Update Coordination
Date Fri, 10 Oct 2014 20:43:02 GMT
In theory when the user resumes they'd also resume monitoring (and thus
resume heartbeats)? Maybe the resumeJobUpdate RPC needs to support
pauseIfNoHeartbeatsAfterMs as well?

I'm not sure what a monitoring/heartbeating service would do with its
record of a paused job while it's paused. How would it know when to resume
monitoring and sending heartbeats without some notification that the update
itself has resumed? By the same token, if monitoring were to continue while
an updated was paused and an alert were to fire, what action would the
monitoring service take with regard to the paused update?