aurora-dev mailing list archives

From Henry Saputra <henry.sapu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Question about sprint in Aurora development
Date Sat, 18 Oct 2014 03:13:24 GMT
Hi Chris,

Thanks for your reply.

I have no problem about using sprint to help manage JIRA issues for
Twitter development on Aurora.
However, the Aurora PPMCs should not use Twitter specific sprints into
development discussions in dev@ list nor IRC chat.
In ASF, email is the de facto where decisions made and with Sprint
some of the decisions are made during daily standup which only
exclusive to Twitter.

I know Mesos also projects Twitter sprint planning into it's JIRA but
as I remember they do not use the sprints into dev release planning.
If they do then please let me know so we could let Mesos PMCs know about it.

So in summary, I think you should do this:
1. Send DISCUSS email to dev@ list to describe how Twitter use sprint
to manage Aurora JIRA ticket.
2. If other organizations wants to join then lets find a way to agree
upon which sprint could be fit into a release.

The most important is transparencies on process and remember Aurora is
under ASF incubator and no longer with Twitter.
Hope you guys understand.

Thanks,

- Henry