aurora-dev mailing list archives

From Jay Buffington ...@jaybuff.com>
Subject Re: Docker on Aurora
Date Thu, 16 Oct 2014 20:50:13 GMT
I'm hoping that AURORA-633 will be up for code review in November.

I believe the docker containerizer is the best way to use docker with
mesos (compared to other options like a docker executor or using the
external containerizer).

Right now you can write an Aurora job that has processes which execute
"docker run" for you.  There are three major problems:

- requires you give the user that your task runs as elevated privileges
- garbage collection is trickey to get right (maybe you just use
docker run --rm all the time)
- your docker containers will run under a different cgroup as the task
that does "docker run"

Jay