aurora-dev mailing list archives

From Kevin Sweeney <kevi...@apache.org>
Subject Question about JIRA fields
Date Wed, 08 Oct 2014 19:18:13 GMT
Hey all,

We have "Fix Version", "Target Version" and "Affects Version" fields in
JIRA. I've got a question - should we always set "Fix Version" to the next
upcoming release regardless of whether a bug actually existed in a previous
release?

For example, https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AURORA-801 was
introduced after 0.5.0 but fixed before 0.6.0 was released. Does it make
sense to set "Fix Version" to 0.6.0?

I get that "Target Version" is more of an "aspirational" field, i.e. we
hope to fix this before we release version X.

"Fix Version" to me says that "the fix for this is in version X" but that
implies that the bug affects versions less than X (or is that what "Affects
version" is for?). So which should we set here?

For Story type issues (features that don't yet exist), "Affects Version"
seems superfluous given that the feature wouldn't exist before the "Fix
Version".

So what fields, if any, should I set for AURORA-801?