aurora-dev mailing list archives

From Bhuvan Arumugam <bhu...@apache.org>
Subject pants release to support overriding interpreter
Date Fri, 19 Sep 2014 03:04:49 GMT
This is more of pants/pex question. I'm posting it here, as most of
pants/pex expert hang around in this group.

I wish to build aurora_client.pex using py2.7. Both py2.6 and py2.7
exist in my PATH and pex is built always using py2.6. I went through
https://github.com/pantsbuild/pants/issues/483, and looks like it's
fixed in pants. In the new world, we could override it in
[python-setup].interpreter_requirement. But a new pants version is not
released yet.

Here is what I tried:

a) build pants using py2.7 and use it to build aurora_client.pex. The
aurora_client.pex is always built using py2.6
b) use --python argument to pex command in ./build-support/pex. No luck.

When can we expect a newer version of pants?
When aurora will be updated to use that version of pants?
In the meantime, is there any way to override the interpreter that go into pex?

--
Regards,
Bhuvan Arumugam