aurora-dev mailing list archives

From Jay Buffington ...@jaybuff.com>
Subject Re: Running Aurora next to other Frameworks
Date Tue, 02 Sep 2014 16:35:19 GMT
To reiterate Bill's point about preemption: if you add a second
framework then when you submit jobs that have production=True Aurora
will kill jobs that have production=False (the default) unnecessarily.
Since Aurora will not have a complete view of all of the available
resources, it will think the cluster is full and start killing
non-prod jobs to make room for prod jobs.

Like you said, once optimistic offers are implemented in Mesos and
Aurora has been modified to take advantage of that feature, this won't
be an issue.

Jay