aurora-dev mailing list archives

From Kevin Sweeney <kevi...@apache.org>
Subject Fwd: [ NOTICE ] Upcoming change to committer email services
Date Thu, 25 Sep 2014 23:14:16 GMT
tl;dr if you're using Gmail

[image: Inline image 1]

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Tony Stevenson <pctony@apache.org>
Date: Thu, Sep 25, 2014 at 3:58 PM
Subject: [ NOTICE ] Upcoming change to committer email services
To: committers@apache.org

The Infrastructure team have just published a new blog post in which we
talk about an upcoming change to how we will handle email from committers.
This will affect anyone who sends email from their apache.org email address
- if this is you you should read this blog post and implement the changes
it talks about.

In short, we have a new service which we will require anyone who sends
email from any apache.org email address.  Historically this has not been
enforced, but going forward it will be. This is to try and improve the
overall mail service.

The blog post can be found here.  [1]

The new service is available immediately.  The incumbent service will be
disabled at 13:00 UTC on Friday 10th October.  It is important you read and
understand the changes in plenty of time.

If you have any questions please address them to the infrastructure@ list
(Reply-To set to this already). If you have any technical issues with the
service, please open a JIRA issue at [2] in the INFRA queue.

[1] - https://blogs.apache.org/infra/entry/committers_mail_relay_service
[2] - https://issues.apache.org/jira/

p.s. And, yes, this email was sent using this service.  :)

Cheers,
Tony

On behalf of the Apache Infrastructure Team

Tony Stevenson

pctony@apache.org

http://www.pc-tony.com

GPG - 1024D/51047D66