aurora-dev mailing list archives

From Bill Farner <wfar...@apache.org>
Subject Re: best practice to use host local drive?
Date Tue, 12 Aug 2014 20:18:09 GMT
The answer will depend on the use case.  Here's the three most common:

- read/write scratch space (e.g. /tmp)

Prefer using the sandbox instead (avoid the problem).  Otherwise, create a
directory containing a UUID and try to clean up after yourself.  This is
ultimately brittle.

- read-only data available on every host

No big deal (aside for races when the data changes), read away.

- read/write, persistent data

There's not a great story here, at least not in the traditional
mesos/aurora "run anywhere" model.  The best approach we have so far is to
mount to a directory owned by the user that will access the data, constrain
tasks to run on that host (dedicated=dba/mysql), and configure the slave
with the dedicated attribute having the same value.

-=Bill