aurora-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Jake Farrell <jfarr...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Summary of IRC Meeting in #aurora
Date Tue, 01 Jul 2014 03:45:36 GMT
# Action: jfarrell - grant wfarner asfbot meeting karma
* done

# Action: jfarrell - create ticket for auto generating src/resources in
future release
* Aurora-29 reopened and cross tickets linked

# Action: jfarrell - ticket to update top level readme with instructions on
bootstrapping and initial test
* Aurora-565 created and assigned it to myself

-Jake


On Mon, Jun 30, 2014 at 2:31 PM, ASF IRC Bot <asfbot@urd.zones.apache.org>
wrote:

> Summary of IRC Meeting in #aurora at Mon Jun 30 18:04:04 2014:
>
> Attendees: dnorris, lexinator, jfarrell, mchucarroll, wfarner, Yasumoto,
> jaybuff, mkhutornenko, dlester
>
> - Preface
>   - Action: jfarrell - grant wfarner asfbot meeting karma
> - rc1
> - job deploy features
>   - Action: jfarrell - create ticket for auto generating src/resources in
> future release
>   - Action: kts - follow up on discussion for src/resources in review 22983
>   - Action: jfarrell - ticket to update top level readme with instructions
> on bootstrapping and initial test
> - job deploy features
>   - Action: wfarner - open discussion thread on dev@ for first-class
> deploy features
>
>
> IRC log follows:
>
> ## Preface ##
> [Mon Jun 30 18:04:11 2014] <wfarner>: morning
> [Mon Jun 30 18:04:37 2014] <jfarrell>: lets get started with a roll call
> for anyone participating in todays meeting
> [Mon Jun 30 18:05:30 2014] <jfarrell>: here
> [Mon Jun 30 18:05:32 2014] <wfarner>: here
> [Mon Jun 30 18:05:34 2014] <mkhutornenko>: here
> [Mon Jun 30 18:06:01 2014] <Yasumoto>: here
> [Mon Jun 30 18:06:13 2014] <lexinator>: awake
> [Mon Jun 30 18:06:23 2014] <dnorris>: here
> [Mon Jun 30 18:06:43 2014] <dlester>: here
> [Mon Jun 30 18:06:49 2014] <jaybuff>: here
> [Mon Jun 30 18:07:18 2014] <jfarrell>: #action jfarrell - grant wfarner
> asfbot meeting karma
> ## rc1 ##
> ## job deploy features ##
> [Mon Jun 30 18:08:45 2014] <jfarrell>: I've been working on the updates to
> the release scripts and getting the patches into reviewboard for AURORA-147
> [Mon Jun 30 18:09:02 2014] <wfarner>: whoops, scratch my #topic
> [Mon Jun 30 18:09:24 2014] <jfarrell>: right now blocked on a -1 from kts
> on removing src/resources from the src dist as it will break some tests
> [Mon Jun 30 18:11:13 2014] <jfarrell>: as far as i recall the
> src/resources are only used for the e2e tests
> [Mon Jun 30 18:11:16 2014] <mchucarroll>: Sorry, I’m here too.
> [Mon Jun 30 18:12:59 2014] <jfarrell>: we can not have any binary files in
> the source release and will need to remove a fair amount of files from
> src/resources
> [Mon Jun 30 18:13:29 2014] <wfarner>: jfarrell: does that policy go for
> graphics as well?
> [Mon Jun 30 18:14:21 2014] <jfarrell>: i think a good approach would be to
> remove it and disable the tests for them in this rc and then look at auto
> generating those files in a later release
> [Mon Jun 30 18:15:21 2014] <jfarrell>: wfarner: graphics are fine as they
> are a known type and are editable, the binary types are for jars, exe, so,
> etc that can not be directly edited (like the gradle.jar)
> [Mon Jun 30 18:16:21 2014] <wfarner>: in that case, it seems like (as i
> believe you pointed out) the best path forward is for tests to generate
> these files on-the-fly
> [Mon Jun 30 18:18:15 2014] <jfarrell>: #action jfarrell - create ticket
> for auto generating src/resources in future release
> [Mon Jun 30 18:19:50 2014] <jfarrell>: I think that is the only blocker
> right now on creating rc1
> [Mon Jun 30 18:20:58 2014] <jfarrell>: #action kts - follow up on
> discussion for src/resources in review 22983
> [Mon Jun 30 18:22:14 2014] <jfarrell>: wfarner: dlester: objections to
> updating the top level readme to include the initial steps to setup gradle
> and run tests and still have links to the additional docs as it does now
> [Mon Jun 30 18:22:58 2014] <wfarner>: sgtm
> [Mon Jun 30 18:23:07 2014] <dlester>: +1
> [Mon Jun 30 18:25:39 2014] <jfarrell>: #action jfarrell - ticket to update
> top level readme with instructions on bootstrapping and initial test
> [Mon Jun 30 18:25:53 2014] <jfarrell>: anything else on the rc topic?
> [Mon Jun 30 18:26:02 2014] <wfarner>: nope
> [Mon Jun 30 18:26:06 2014] <jfarrell>: would really like to get this
> wrapped up and cut our first release
> ## job deploy features ##
> [Mon Jun 30 18:27:01 2014] <wfarner>: not much to announce here, but i
> wanted to give a heads up that we're starting to think about adding
> first-class deploy features
> [Mon Jun 30 18:27:33 2014] <wfarner>: it's not entirely clear what shape
> this will take, but i will be opening a discussion thread about this some
> time in the next few weeks with a proposal, and soliciting input
> [Mon Jun 30 18:29:04 2014] <jfarrell>: #action wfarner - open discussion
> thread on dev@ for first-class deploy features
> [Mon Jun 30 18:29:12 2014] <jfarrell>: sounds good
> [Mon Jun 30 18:29:41 2014] <jfarrell>: any other topics anyone wants to
> cover or outstanding issues to bring up?
> [Mon Jun 30 18:31:20 2014] <jfarrell>: ok, thanks everyone for
> participating today
> [Mon Jun 30 18:31:36 2014] <jfarrell>: ASFBot: meeting stop
> dev@aurora.incubator.apache.org
>
>
> Meeting ended at Mon Jun 30 18:31:36 2014
>

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message