aurora-dev mailing list archives

From Bhuvan Arumugam <bhu...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Python versions (redux)
Date Thu, 17 Jul 2014 19:11:09 GMT
Only reason I could think of supporting py26 is to support rhel6.x
customers. Now that rhel7 is out [1], it make sense to discontinue
support for py26. We should document it in supported platforms though.
We should add a pointer for rhel6.x customers to upgrade python.

It also make sense as py26 is already eol [2].

That said, +1 to discontinue support for py26.

[1] http://www.redhat.com/about/news/press-archive/2014/6/red-hat-unveils-rhel-7
[2] https://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-dev/2013-September/128287.html

--
Regards,