aurora-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From ASF IRC Bot <asf...@urd.zones.apache.org>
Subject Summary of IRC Meeting in #aurora
Date Mon, 23 Jun 2014 18:36:17 GMT
Summary of IRC Meeting in #aurora at Mon Jun 23 18:14:10 2014:

Attendees: davmclau, dnorris, wickman, jfarrell, mchucarroll, Yasumoto, kts, mkhutornenko,
dlester

- Preface
- roll call
- release candiate
  - Action: wickman look into pants build issues
  - Action: jfarrell post review for release script updates
  - Action: ksweeney to review release script and publish rc1


IRC log follows:

## Preface ##
[Mon Jun 23 18:15:08 2014] <jfarrell>: anyone participating in todays meeting please
announce yourself for roll call
## roll call ##
[Mon Jun 23 18:15:16 2014] <jfarrell>: jfarrell - Jake Farrell
[Mon Jun 23 18:15:42 2014] <wickman>: aye.
[Mon Jun 23 18:15:47 2014] <dlester>: howdy
[Mon Jun 23 18:15:48 2014] <mkhutornenko>: here
[Mon Jun 23 18:15:53 2014] <dnorris>: here
[Mon Jun 23 18:15:56 2014] <Yasumoto>: Joe Smith here as well
[Mon Jun 23 18:16:17 2014] <davmclau>: here
[Mon Jun 23 18:16:28 2014] <kts>: morning everyone
## release candiate ##
[Mon Jun 23 18:17:46 2014] <kts>: it looks like the build is broken from our recent
change to pantsbuild's pants
[Mon Jun 23 18:18:26 2014] <wickman>: is it only the observer build now?  or are there
other broken targets?
[Mon Jun 23 18:19:13 2014] <jfarrell>: i have modified release* scripts based on rc0
comments and will post up for review
[Mon Jun 23 18:19:14 2014] <mchucarroll>: Sorry I’m late; here now.
[Mon Jun 23 18:20:00 2014] <kts>: wickman: not sure, we've just received a report in
AURORA-543
[Mon Jun 23 18:20:47 2014] <wickman>: kts: ok -- i recall that resources have been turned
into first class targets instead of python library keywords.
[Mon Jun 23 18:21:05 2014] <wickman>: kts: they should behave more like java targets,
e.g. dependencies = [resources(':foo')]
[Mon Jun 23 18:21:13 2014] <wickman>: kts: i can take a look today if you'd like.
[Mon Jun 23 18:21:27 2014] <jfarrell>: wickman: perfect, can you follow up on that
[Mon Jun 23 18:21:34 2014] <wickman>: sure.
[Mon Jun 23 18:21:41 2014] <jfarrell>: #action wickman look into pants build issues
[Mon Jun 23 18:21:57 2014] <jfarrell>: #action jfarrell post review for release script
updates
[Mon Jun 23 18:22:17 2014] <kts>: #action ksweeney to review release script and publish
rc1
[Mon Jun 23 18:23:31 2014] <kts>: glancing at the open issues that seems like the only
blocker
[Mon Jun 23 18:24:29 2014] <kts>: so we should be able to turn that all around pretty
quickly
[Mon Jun 23 18:26:26 2014] <kts>: anything else?
[Mon Jun 23 18:27:00 2014] <dlester>: if we're able to create an RC and start a vote
today we may be able to finish by the month's end, in time for our incubator status report.
it'll be close though
[Mon Jun 23 18:28:09 2014] <jfarrell>: dlester: vote is 72hrs and board meeting is not
until the  18th, we have some time
[Mon Jun 23 18:29:24 2014] <jfarrell>: lets touch base on wednesday and give a day to
comb through tickets and get things in and reviewed
[Mon Jun 23 18:29:40 2014] <dlester>: jfarrell: true, but the report is supposed to
be completed by the beginning of next month, no?
[Mon Jun 23 18:31:01 2014] <dlester>: jfarrell: no worries either way, my only point
is that it'd be nice to show progress if possible
[Mon Jun 23 18:31:17 2014] <jfarrell>: report is submitted 1 week prior to the board
meeting
[Mon Jun 23 18:31:32 2014] <kts>: should we plan to tentatively call a vote on weds?
[Mon Jun 23 18:32:40 2014] <kts>: have to run to another meeting, jfarrell I'll hand
the meeting end baton off to you
[Mon Jun 23 18:33:05 2014] <jfarrell>: if we can get pants fixed and any outstanding
reviews knocked out then dont see why we cant start a vote for rc1 wed
[Mon Jun 23 18:33:53 2014] <jfarrell>: any other topics anyone would like to cover?
[Mon Jun 23 18:35:41 2014] <jfarrell>: ok, thanks everyone, if any blockers come up
pelase raise them here or on dev@
[Mon Jun 23 18:36:08 2014] <jfarrell>: ASFBot: meeting stop dev@aurora.incubator.apache.org


Meeting ended at Mon Jun 23 18:36:08 2014

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/mixed (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message