aurora-dev mailing list archives

From Lili Nader <lna...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Does Aurora have a HTTP API?
Date Thu, 19 Jun 2014 04:58:22 GMT
Thank you for your responses.  I will look into the work being done by paypal.

An API would make it easier for 3rd parties to integrate versus calling a client which would
require parsing of the output from the client.

Lili

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mark Chu-Carroll" <mchucarroll@apache.org>
To: dev@aurora.incubator.apache.org
Sent: Wednesday, June 18, 2014 6:19:53 PM
Subject: Re: Does Aurora have a HTTP API?

At the moment, we do not have any kind of API for end-users.

It's something that we'd probably like to have in the future, but for now,
getting the command-line tools working correctly is more important to us.
Any API that we implemented now would be changing so rapidly that it
wouldn't be useful for much.

It's really not clear to us just what an API would look like, or how it
would be used, beyond being just a wrapper around the commands in the
command-line client - and in that case, the only thing that an API would
give you is a slightly easier way to write scripts for aurora.

One of the big goals of clientv2 has been to make the command-line tools
much more script-friendly, so that that becomes easier. Then we can see how
people use it, and what kinds of scripting actually makes sense - and use
that to guide any future decision about a client API.

    -Mark