aurora-dev mailing list archives

From "Jeffrey N. Davis" <jeffrey.n.da...@gmail.com>
Subject Desired output for AURORA-511
Date Sun, 08 Jun 2014 21:35:29 GMT
Howdy all -

I'm looking to help and thought AURORA-511 - Utilization Servlet should return JSON instead
of HTML - would be a good place to jump off from.  After looking through the servlet and the
various display classes, I've got two questions -

1.)  You want to yank the current HTML output and replace it w/ JSON, not mimic the existing
behavior shown by the /vars and /vars.json endpoints correct?

2.)  The current output is very "human readable", i.e. -> "2 GB".  Do y'all want to continue
using a "very very" human readable format?  Drop it down to something like a du -h output,
i.e. -> 2g or 2m or 2k?  Or do we want to drop it down to integers with an assumed format,
or possibly provided format in the json output, i.e. -> units: MB, RAM:  2048.

I understand these are basic questions, but I wanted to ensure I was working on what the core
team was expecting.

Reference:  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AURORA-511?jql=project%20%3D%20AURORA%20AND%20created%3E%3D-1w%20ORDER%20BY%20created%20DESC

Thanks,
Jeff Davis