aurora-dev mailing list archives

From Henry Saputra <henry.sapu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] shepherding contributors
Date Tue, 22 Apr 2014 19:04:09 GMT
I think for small community like Aurora we do not need shepherding for
contributors.

We could do it via JIRA and review boards as Sebastien mentioned. If a
contributor is interested in certain feature then one of the PPMCs
could just engage and help driving through solution.

Once contributions come as rapid as in Apache Spark or Hadoop, then I
believe shepherding of new contributors needed.

- Henry

On Tue, Apr 22, 2014 at 11:58 AM, Sebastien Goasguen <runseb@gmail.com> wrote:

>> On 22 Apr 2014, at 20:04, Bill Farner <wfarner@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>> Some things not yet addressed (some have obvious solutions, but still
>> warrant explicit discussion):
>>
>> - What is expected of a shepherd?
>>
>> - How does a newcomer learn that we have a shepherd program?
>>
>> - How is a shepherd assigned
>
> Doesn't sheperding happens through review board and jira ? And whoever picks up review
or comments on bug is the sheperd ?