aurora-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Chu-Carroll <mchucarr...@apache.org>
Subject Python versions
Date Tue, 29 Apr 2014 13:31:09 GMT
Folks:

For one of the client changes I'm working on, there's a python version
compatibility issue.

For Python 2.7 and 3.x, there's an "exec" function which I use for loading
hooks. In python 2.6, exec is a statement, an the function form doesn't
work.

This is something that can be worked around, but the workaround is ugly -
you need to introspect to see the python version, and then choose an
implementation based on the version.

My inclination is to say that supporting 2.7 and 3.x is sufficient, and we
shouldn't be adding new workarounds for 2.6. But I don't want to make that
decision myself for everyone.

Do we care about continuing to support Python 2.6 for the Aurora client?

     -Mark