aurora-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Lester <d...@davelester.org>
Subject Mesos/Aurora Internships for GSoC and OPW
Date Mon, 17 Mar 2014 05:52:21 GMT
There has been recent activity on the mailing lists/JIRA from students who
are applying to GSoC and OPW; I wanted to call attention to this in case
there are others who are also interested.

Twitter is participating in both Google Summer of
Code<https://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/homepage/google/gsoc2014>
 and The Outreach Program for Women (OPW) <http://www.gnome.org/opw/> as a
mentoring organization. Additionally, Apache is a mentoring organization
for GSoC. Both programs provide summer internships for students that are
accepted to work on open source projects. Deadlines to apply for are this
upcoming week, so interested students should apply before the appropriate
deadlines.

OPW helps women (cis and trans) and genderqueer get involved in free and
open source software, and applicants who are students interested in coding
projects are encouraged to apply for both OPW and Google Summer of Code as
well.

Project ideas for both programs are included in the pages listed below:

GSoC (Aurora<https://github.com/twitter/twitter.github.com/wiki/Google-Summer-of-Code-2014#aurora>
, Mesos<https://github.com/twitter/twitter.github.com/wiki/Google-Summer-of-Code-2014#mesos>
)
Outreach Program for Women
(Aurora<https://github.com/twitter/twitter.github.com/wiki/Outreach-Program-for-Women-2014#aurora>
, Mesos<https://github.com/twitter/twitter.github.com/wiki/Outreach-Program-for-Women-2014#mesos>
)

We're encouraging interested students to use open source channels when
possible (dev list, JIRA, IRC), as well as reach out to mentors directly.
For general Twitter GSoC questions, there's a Twitter GSoC google
group<https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/twitter-gsoc>.
For all other questions, folks can reach out to me directly and I'll try to
get back ASAP.

Best,
Dave