aurora-dev mailing list archives

From sebgoa <run...@gmail.com>
Subject Docs
Date Mon, 17 Feb 2014 13:27:29 GMT
Hi,

Since I was testing aurora today I noticed there was no documentation site that I could see,
other than the markdown files in the repo.

So I went ahead and did a little prototype for you:

http://apache-aurora-incubating.readthedocs.org/en/latest/index.html

I am using this for CloudStack and it's also used for Apache libcloud.
It uses sphinx to organize docs, it's based on restructured text which is fairly close to
markdown.
It can be built on the fly thanks to a service hook on the github mirror
It's hosted by readthedocs.
It generates epub, pdf and can manage releases.

You can see how I reorganize the tree at:

https://github.com/runseb/incubator-aurora/tree/master/docs

I took the existing markdown files and converted everything to .rst using pandoc. There are
a few gotchas here and there that need to be fixed.

Let me know if that's something that would be of interest, I would be happy to clean it up
and organize the content to have a proper TOC and then submit a patch.

Cheers,

-Sebastien