aurora-dev mailing list archives

From Jake Farrell <jfarr...@apache.org>
Subject Release Voting
Date Fri, 31 Jan 2014 18:23:25 GMT
Hey Guys
This has come up on several lists and I want to make sure that everyone is
aware of the requirements for voting and accepting a release as we start to
prepare for the first Apache Aurora release candidate.

Releases require majority approval  and noted in the approving a release
documentation on the website [1]. "Votes on whether a package is ready to
be released use majority approval -- i.e., at least three PMC members must
vote affirmatively for release, and there must be more positive than
negative votes"

This is also noted in the section for "Votes on Package Releases" on the
voting process page. [2]

Please read over these and familiarize yourself with the requirements. If
anyone has any questions on this please dont hesitate to ask

-Jake

[1]: http://www.apache.org/dev/release.html#approving-a-release
[2]: http://www.apache.org/foundation/voting.html