aurora-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Chu-Carroll <mchucarr...@twitter.com>
Subject Re: creating a job?
Date Sat, 07 Dec 2013 17:18:51 GMT
The create job command takes two parameters: a job specification saying
which job from the config you want to start, and the config file.

The job specification is a 4-tuple of cluster, role, environment, and
jobname. In the vagrant setup:

- Our vagrant configuration sets up a cluster named "example";
- The role (userid) that's set up to run jobs in the example cluster is
'www-data'.
- The environments in which you can run jobs include 'test' and 'prod'. The
example is configured to run 'prod'.
- Finally, the job-name is 'hello'.

So you'd start a job with:

  aurora create example/www-data/prod/hello hello_world.aurora

     -Mark

On Fri, Dec 6, 2013 at 8:21 PM, Joe Stein <joe.stein@stealth.ly> wrote:

> Hi, so I have a local Mesos cluster running now from vagrant
>
> but not sure what to-do next ...
>
> This didn't work
>
> vagrant@precise64:~$ aurora create job
> /vagrant/examples/jobs/hello_world.aurora
>  WARN]
>  WARN]

>  WARN] * The command you ran is deprecated and will soon break!
>  WARN] * Please refer to your job in CLUSTER/ROLE/ENV/NAME format.
>  WARN]

>  WARN]
> Error: Could not find job */*/*/job
> Candidates are:
>   example/www-data/prod/hello
>
> not sure it was supposed to though...
>
> trying to figure out and find the entry point to start being able to go
> through and understanding the how to run jobs on mesos with aurora and the
> flow with the code
>
> any help is appreciated, thanks!!! looking forward to helping out and
> contributing once I can at least get my toes wet I can then start
> submerging more =8^)

>  Joe Stein
>  Founder, Principal Consultant
>  Big Data Open Source Security LLC