aurora-dev mailing list archives

From Kevin Sweeney <kevi...@apache.org>
Subject Tagging process
Date Sat, 14 Dec 2013 02:20:59 GMT
Hey all,

I think figuring out the tagging process sooner than later is in everyone's
best interest so that we can get out of cherry-pick limbo. I'm out next
week, but if anyone wants to take a stab at it (using
https://reviews.apache.org/r/16265/ as a starting point or just throw it
away, please feel free). My thinking:

.auroraversion on master only ever contains -SNAPSHOT versions. This makes
it harder for someone to reset and accidentally creating bogus non-SNAPSHOT
artifacts.

At each tag there are 2 commits. One on an anonymous branch that does
s/-SNAPSHOT// and one on master that increments the MINOR portion of the
version. So if master is 0.2.0-SNAPSHOT this new branch will have 0.2.0.
For that commit we create an annotated (preferably PGP-signed) tag, 0.2.0.
The other commit on master changes .auroraversion to 0.3.0-SNAPSHOT.

Once everything is verified we'll push 2 things - the new master and the
tag (so origin will not have a name for the branch the tag was created on).

What does everyone think of this process?
--
Kevin Sweeney
@kts