attic-general mailing list archives

From Craig Russell <apache....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1876973 - /attic/site/xdocs/tracking.xml
Date Sun, 26 Apr 2020 05:07:54 GMT
Hi Greg,

> On Apr 25, 2020, at 3:53 PM, Greg Stein <gstein@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I suggest that we move forward with a Board resolution for the May meeting.
> Bertrand has an Action Item to place this into the agenda. Presumably, the
> Board the resolution, and then the Attic can finish the necessary steps for
> Chukwa.

Great. The resolution is there now.

> Note: I am not concerned what Whimsy thinks about things.

As Sam commented else-thread, this only makes sense if Whimsy does not break trying to retire
a project that does not exist "according to the source of truth". If there is a chance that
Secretary will be faced with a bunch of manual steps to recover from the PMC not existing
at the time of processing the board post-adjournment steps, then I expect Secretary to not
be very happy.

> Our goal is to
> get the resolution passed by the Board, and for the Attic community to pick
> up and transfers Chukwa's resources. committee-info.txt is considered the
> "Source of Truth" and is technically incorrect right now, but we don't need
> to revert the change, only to reapply it again in a few weeks.

I guess you and I have a different point of view. Fixing the incorrect source of truth should
never be off the table. Especially if there are knock-on problems.

Craig

Craig L Russell
clr@apache.org