attic-general mailing list archives

From "Henk P. Penning" <penn...@uu.nl>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1832298 - in /xmlbeans/trunk: ./ external/lib/ samples/AbstractTypes/ samples/Any/ samples/DateTime/ samples/MixedContent/ samples/OrderMatters/ samples/SampleTemplate/ samples/SchemaEnum/ samples/SubstitutionGroup/ samples/Validation/ sam...
Date Mon, 28 May 2018 17:49:42 GMT
On Mon, 28 May 2018, sebb wrote:

> Date: Mon, 28 May 2018 18:37:25 +0200
> From: sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com>
> To: general@attic.apache.org
> Subject: Re: svn commit: r1832298 - in /xmlbeans/trunk: ./ external/lib/
>     samples/AbstractTypes/ samples/Any/ samples/DateTime/
>     samples/MixedContent/ samples/OrderMatters/ samples/SampleTemplate/
>     samples/SchemaEnum/ samples/SubstitutionGroup/ samples/Validation/ sam...

> On 28 May 2018 at 12:14, Henk P. Penning <penning@uu.nl> wrote:
>> On Mon, 28 May 2018, Mads Toftum wrote:
>>
>>> Date: Mon, 28 May 2018 10:25:56 +0200
>>> From: Mads Toftum <mads@toftum.dk>
>>> To: general@attic.apache.org
>>> Subject: Re: svn commit: r1832298 - in /xmlbeans/trunk: ./ external/lib/
>>>     samples/AbstractTypes/ samples/Any/ samples/DateTime/
>>>     samples/MixedContent/ samples/OrderMatters/ samples/SampleTemplate/
>>>     samples/SchemaEnum/ samples/SubstitutionGroup/ samples/Validation/
>>> sam...

>>   I don't think that's right ; PCM XMLBeans is retired ;
>>   that PMC can be revived (within the ASF, with board approval) by
>>   -- reviving the PMC - unlikely given that the PMC died 5 years ago
>>   -- make a restart in the incubator.
>>
>>   I do think that
>>   -- poi can fork the code and devellop it as a sub-project
>>   -- we can add a reference on the XMLBeans attic page to the new fork
>
> Agreed.
>
>>> That would be my thinking as well. Development shouldn't be happening in
>>> an attic project. If the board has approved "un-retiring", then we
>>> should move it first before allowing commits.
>>

>>   As far as I know, commits should be impossible ;
>>   that is, the codebase should be frozen.
>>   Isn't that what 2.6.ii does in http://attic.apache.org/process.html ?
>
> AFAICT Infra allowed access following a JIRA: INFRA-16580
>
>>   Does anyone know a PCM (except incubator and, in some sense
>>   attic) that manages more than 1 project ?
>
> Commons, MINA, Creadur, Maven (?)

   Sorry ; with 'project' I meant 'Top-Level-Project' (not 'sub-project').
   As in (second paragraph) of

     https://www.apache.org/foundation/bylaws.html#6.3

     Each Project Management Committee shall be responsible for the
     active management of one or more projects identified by resolution
     of the Board of Directors ...

   Are there any PMC's that manage more than one TLP ?

   It would appear that, for PMC Poi to manage project XMLBeans,
   a resolution of the Board is required ...

   Regards,

   HPP