attic-general mailing list archives

From "Henk P. Penning" <penn...@uu.nl>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1832298 - in /xmlbeans/trunk: ./ external/lib/ samples/AbstractTypes/ samples/Any/ samples/DateTime/ samples/MixedContent/ samples/OrderMatters/ samples/SampleTemplate/ samples/SchemaEnum/ samples/SubstitutionGroup/ samples/Validation/ sam...
Date Mon, 28 May 2018 11:14:20 GMT
On Mon, 28 May 2018, Mads Toftum wrote:

> Date: Mon, 28 May 2018 10:25:56 +0200
> From: Mads Toftum <mads@toftum.dk>
> To: general@attic.apache.org
> Subject: Re: svn commit: r1832298 - in /xmlbeans/trunk: ./ external/lib/
>     samples/AbstractTypes/ samples/Any/ samples/DateTime/
>     samples/MixedContent/ samples/OrderMatters/ samples/SampleTemplate/
>     samples/SchemaEnum/ samples/SubstitutionGroup/ samples/Validation/ sam...
>
> On Mon, May 28, 2018 at 08:36:37AM +0200, Hervé BOUTEMY wrote:
>> IIUC, that means that we should remove XMLBeans from Attic and switch its
>> ownership to POI?

   I don't think that's right ; PCM XMLBeans is retired ;
   that PMC can be revived (within the ASF, with board approval) by
   -- reviving the PMC - unlikely given that the PMC died 5 years ago
   -- make a restart in the incubator.

   I do think that
   -- poi can fork the code and devellop it as a sub-project
   -- we can add a reference on the XMLBeans attic page to the new fork

> That would be my thinking as well. Development shouldn't be happening in
> an attic project. If the board has approved "un-retiring", then we
> should move it first before allowing commits.

   As far as I know, commits should be impossible ;
   that is, the codebase should be frozen.
   Isn't that what 2.6.ii does in http://attic.apache.org/process.html ?

   Does anyone know a PCM (except incubator and, in some sense
   attic) that manages more than 1 project ?

>> then for example remove the banner on http://xmlbeans.apache.org/?
>>
> I wonder if it wouldn't make sense to put it somewhere under
> poi.apache.org unless there's a new xmlbeans pmc being put in place?

> Mads Toftum

   Groeten,

   Henk Penning

Henk P. Penning, ICT-beta                 R Uithof MG-403    _/ \_
Leuvenlaan 4, 3584CE Utrecht, NL          F +31 30 253 4553 \_/ \_/
http://www.staff.science.uu.nl/~penni101/ M penning@uu.nl     \_/