attic-general mailing list archives

From Hervé BOUTEMY <herve.bout...@free.fr>
Subject Re: idea for site maintenance simplification
Date Sat, 05 May 2018 11:57:17 GMT
Le samedi 5 mai 2018, 13:01:34 CEST Jan Iversen a écrit :
[...]
> > You need to figure out now if you want to continue to work with us as PMC
> > member and committer...
>
> As above, I have no problem filing board reports, not even retiring a
> project now and then (provided I have good tools, like github editing in a
> single understandable file). But the pointless discussion are something I
> do not want to participate in, nor read (as Chair I am supposed to follow
> our ML, to be able to make the board reports).
+1, I don't want pointless discussions either
I'm convinced tooling with Git will help us having healthier and more efficient
discussions based on little demos: one Attic-specific issue is that we don't
have common technical background, then whatever technical choice is done, it
won't be natural for others. That's why I really think that this project
requires tooling to test, learn, explain by showing running demo, before we
are able to do get a consensus.
This issue is a lot less common in usual Apache projects, since the codebase
that projects deliver is the common culture on which the community builds.
Attic is not such a project: we need to find adapted approach. And transform
this to an opportunity to learn other cultures.

> Sorry if I have disappointed you.
no disappointment: I didn't expect an immediate "yes", or even "perhaps".
I just want to tell you that you have some time to get pleasure back.
Then you'll definitely choose: "no pleasure => no work" is the basic logic that
we'll fully respect

Regards,

Hervé