attic-general mailing list archives

From Hervé BOUTEMY <herve.bout...@free.fr>
Subject getting a svn2git mirror Git repository (read-only for now)
Date Sun, 06 May 2018 10:01:08 GMT
I'd like to prepare a Git mirror of our Attic site svn repo: that would be
useful as a general contribution helper for people more used to Git than svn
(which happens more and more these times)

and this would prepare an eventual future switch to Git as read-write
canonical repo

from experience got when doing the same step at comdev for 3 sites [1],
getting the svn history may be harder than expected due to the fact that we
don't have classical trunk/branches/tags
Perhaps we should wait for Domdev's projects site result before starting to do
the job at Attic.

But at least, I think it can be useful to have a little discussion.
WDYT?

Regards,

Hervé