attic-general mailing list archives

From "Henk P. Penning" <penn...@uu.nl>
Subject Re: next project
Date Tue, 27 Feb 2018 13:19:43 GMT
On Tue, 27 Feb 2018, jani@apache.org wrote:

> Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2018 13:57:36 +0100
> From: jani@apache.org
> To: general@attic.apache.org
> Subject: Re: next project

>>  the next time a project (say, GHOST) goes into the attic,
>>  please don't fix GHOST.apache.org ;

> Just to be sure, our procedure does not say anything about changing
> <project>.apache.org <http://apache.org/>, all we do on the <project>
> site is to insert a text, explaining that the project is moved to the
> Attic.

   That's what I meant with "fix GHOST.apache.org".

> I am not to sure, what should be changed in the procedure, and would
> be glad for a text that could be added.

   My request is to not touch GHOST.apache.org, while we
   establish what works best.

   Perhaps we can make GHOST.apache.org have a "RETIRED" header
   as soon as "attic.a.o/projects/GHOST.html" exists.

> Jan I.

   Groeten,

   HPP

Henk P. Penning, ICT-beta                 R Uithof MG-403    _/ \_
Leuvenlaan 4, 3584CE Utrecht, NL          F +31 30 253 4553 \_/ \_/
http://www.staff.science.uu.nl/~penni101/ M penning@uu.nl     \_/