attic-general mailing list archives

From "Henk P. Penning" <penn...@uu.nl>
Subject Re: Redirects for attic project download directories
Date Tue, 20 Feb 2018 09:21:08 GMT
On Sun, 18 Feb 2018, sebb wrote:

> Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2018 19:35:40 +0100
> From: sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com>
> To: general@attic.apache.org
> Subject: Re: Redirects for attic project download directories

> On 18 February 2018 at 16:10, Henk P. Penning <penning@uu.nl> wrote:

>>   On retirement we remove GHOSTS from committee-info.txt and
>>   navigation [http://www.apache.org/#projects-list], etc.
>>   In short, we have pointers to GHOSTs, but not among the living ;
>>   and that should also be the case for /dist/ (and the mirrors).
>
> But we keep ghost.apache.org.

   We would map it into attic-space if we could do it elegantly.

   Fixing website GHOST.apache.org is a hassle.
   It would be nice if we could present it "as is",
   prefixed with the necessary "RETIRED" head.

   Perhaps with something like :

     https://mirror-vm.apache.org/frames.html

   At the moment this doesn't work too good ;

   -- browers don't like http urls on https page
   -- sites don't like to be included in <FRAME>'s

   But maybe this can fixed without touching the
   /content/ of GHOST.a.o ; with config fixes only.

   Groeten,

   HPP

Henk P. Penning, ICT-beta                 R Uithof MG-403    _/ \_
Leuvenlaan 4, 3584CE Utrecht, NL          F +31 30 253 4553 \_/ \_/
http://www.staff.science.uu.nl/~penni101/ M penning@uu.nl     \_/