attic-general mailing list archives

From "Henk P. Penning" <penn...@uu.nl>
Subject Re: Redirects for attic project download directories
Date Fri, 16 Feb 2018 12:33:20 GMT
On Thu, 15 Feb 2018, sebb wrote:

> Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2018 22:22:12 +0100
> From: sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com>
> To: general@attic.apache.org
> Subject: Redirects for attic project download directories

> AFAIK .htaccess files are inherited from the parent directory, so it
> should be possible to move the individual redirects to a shared parent
> .htaccess file.
>
> This needs to be tested.

   I couldn't make it work ; what would (for instance)
   a 'beehive' Redirect-line look like ?

   In general, on some mirror.org with [apache-dist] in

     http://mirror.org/foo/bar/

   with our/their .htaccess file in

     http://mirror.org/foo/bar/.htaccess

   should redirect

     http://mirror.org/foo/bar/beehive/blib/blob/

   but should not redirect

     http://mirror.org/foo/bar/other/proj/beehive/x/y/

Henk P. Penning, ICT-beta                 R Uithof MG-403    _/ \_
Leuvenlaan 4, 3584CE Utrecht, NL          F +31 30 253 4553 \_/ \_/
http://www.staff.science.uu.nl/~penni101/ M penning@uu.nl     \_/