attic-general mailing list archives

From "Henk P. Penning" <penn...@uu.nl>
Subject Re: project ACE.
Date Mon, 12 Feb 2018 12:31:39 GMT
On Mon, 12 Feb 2018, jan iversen wrote:

> Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2018 12:59:17 +0100
> From: jan iversen <jancasacondor@gmail.com>
> To: general@attic.apache.org
> Subject: Re: project ACE.

> I am unhappy about yet another manual step to the retirement process. the
> process alreday contain quite a number of steps that could/should be
> automated
> , like e.x:
> - update authorization files
> - find maillists, wiki etc in order to tell infra what to close down

   Agree ; but ..., automating that stuff could/should be based
   on authorative, machine-readable info provided by attic.a.o/ ...
   PMC Attic is the only body that can say /when/ the move
   is/was actually started and when it was 'done'.
   I don't see how stuff can be automated reliably without
   such info.

   I just looked at the list again and it is enormous.
   A project should [IMHO] have a state {podling, tlp, attic}
   and graduation/attic-ing should be as easy as
   changing the state. Nevermind.

> people wanting to know when a retirement happened can e.g. look at svn log
> for the auth files.

   Hm ;

   I will "roll my own" if there is no wider interest ; that's ok.

> jan i

   Thanks ; regards,

   Henk Penning

Henk P. Penning, ICT-beta                 R Uithof MG-403    _/ \_
Leuvenlaan 4, 3584CE Utrecht, NL          F +31 30 253 4553 \_/ \_/
http://www.staff.science.uu.nl/~penni101/ M penning@uu.nl     \_/