attic-general mailing list archives

From "Henk P. Penning" <penn...@uu.nl>
Subject Re: project ACE.
Date Mon, 12 Feb 2018 11:52:26 GMT
On Tue, 6 Feb 2018, jan iversen wrote:
> On Tue, 6 Feb 2018 at 12:40, Henk P. Penning <penning@uu.nl> wrote:

Hi,

>>    PS To get the "attic'ed" project list, I parse
>>
>>      svn ls https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/attic/site/docs/projects
>>
>>    stripping '.html', and ignoring entries with a '-' ;
>>    is there a better way ?
>
> I normally use the xdocs directory that is xml and easier to parse.

   I don't see a 'date' field in the xdocs files ;
   I really would like to have a list like

     [ { dist_path : "beehive"
       , to_attic  : "2010-01-15"
       }
     , ...
     ]

   Because "moving stuff into the attic", is what PMC Attic does,
   it is fine to provide this info (authoratively) on attic.a.o/,
   rather than somewhere else.
   Other (automated) processes can fetch it from "attic.a.o/".

   It means (yet) another item in the "process" list ... ;
   is that a problem ? I will provide an initial file, of course.

   Ideas ?

   Thanks ; regards,

   Henk Penning

Henk P. Penning, ICT-beta                 R Uithof MG-403    _/ \_
Leuvenlaan 4, 3584CE Utrecht, NL          F +31 30 253 4553 \_/ \_/
http://www.staff.science.uu.nl/~penni101/ M penning@uu.nl     \_/