attic-general mailing list archives

From jan iversen <jancasacon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Remove old projects (more than 4 year in ATTIC)
Date Thu, 15 Feb 2018 18:31:08 GMT
On Thu, 15 Feb 2018 at 19:24, sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 15 February 2018 at 13:11, jan iversen <jancasacondor@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Thu, 15 Feb 2018 at 12:05, sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Just in case it is not obvious, I am -1 to the removal of the
> >> .htaccess files under old retired TLPs UNLESS another way is found to
> >> continue to redirect users.
> >
> > To me it was not obvious before I saw your comment on the ticket.
> >

> >> Also, I feel a fundamental change such as this should be discussed in
> >> a separate thread, rather than buried deep in an another thread about
> >> project ACE.
> >
> > That is a very valid point, and nothing is stopping you from opening a
> > separate thread.
>
> Ideally the person wishing to change the status quo should do this.
>

> > Let me try to sum up.
> >

> > Henk prefers to remove the directories and the .htaccess files
> > Sebb is against removal (unless it is kept in another form)
> > I have no strong opinion, but have given my +1 in favour of Henk.
> >4
> > I would of course prefer a solution where we have consensus, and thus
> urge
> > Henk/Sebb to try and find that.
> >
> > Any other opinions or comments ? If not majority “wins” and the ticket
> will
> > be reopened sometime next week.
>
> Sorry, but I don't think the vote is valid in its present form.

Who speak about vote ? I did not call a vote, voting is not demanded for
technical matters, only when electing new committers/PMC and changing chair
(even in these cases consensus is generally accepted).

Technical matters are decided by discussion and preferable consensus.

iin case you feel a vote is demanded, please pass a pointer to the relevant
bylaw.

rgds
jan I

ps. you jumped over the more relevant part, where I urge you and Henk to
achieve consensus.