attic-general mailing list archives

From jan iversen <jancasacon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Remove old projects (more than 4 year in ATTIC)
Date Thu, 15 Feb 2018 20:34:35 GMT
On Thu, 15 Feb 2018 at 21:26, sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 15 February 2018 at 20:16, jan iversen <jancasacondor@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Thu, 15 Feb 2018 at 20:43, sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:

> found to

> discussed in
> about

> opening a

> thus

> ticket

> for
> >> chair

> >> relevant
> >>
> >> I regard the proposal as akin to a code change, as it affects the
> >> behaviour of various systems
> >> As such, it is subject to veto:
> >>

> https://www.apache.org/foundation/voting.html#votes-on-code-modification
> >

> > so in your mind all changes in ATTIC needs a vote, not a very open
> > suggestion.
> > (because everything we do affect somebody).
>
> That's not what I said.

> >> Fine, but this needs to be done in a separate thread.
> >
> > Well If you want that then start that thread....you cannot expect others
> > do that just because you want it, consensus seeking is a two way street.
>
> The person seeking to make a change is the person who is responsible
> for starting the thread.
> I could start the thread, but I will frame it differently.
>
> > As I said earlier I have no strong opinions here, but I do expect all
> > participants of this list to try and avoid conflicts and instead seek
> > consensus....so again, you are the one with a different opinion, so
> please
> > help find consensus instead of telling what (others) need to do.
>
> Yet it's OK for you to tell me that I need to start the thread?

No that is entirely your choise, I am merely suggesting it, as a way to
find consensus.

Please do not forget we did have emails going in the ACE project thread,
which seemed fine (at least for me), I renamed the thread based on your
suggestion.

I am not going to waste more energy on this theme, where all I seeked was
to get consensus between Henk and you.

rgds
jan I

> > rgds