attic-general mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Keeping records of retired PMCs
Date Fri, 26 May 2017 10:21:13 GMT
On 26 May 2017 at 10:52, jan iversen <jancasacondor@gmail.com> wrote:

>> On 26 May 2017, at 11:05, sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I have been making some changes to the script that parses board meeting minutes.
>> It tries to collate all the entries that relate to PMCs (and podlings).
>>
>> At present this is done using internally-defined string substitutions.
>> These have to be updated as and when new aliases (e.g. different
>> capitalisation) are noticed.
>>
>> It would be better if it could get the info from a file.
>> The podlings.xml file has details of all podlings, past and present.
>> For the current PMCs, that info is available in committee-info.
>> AFAICT there is no such data file for retired PMCs.
>>
>> I wonder whether anyone else thinks there is a need for such data for
>> PMCs, and if so, where it belongs and how it is maintained?
> I suppose it could be rather easy to copy the information from committee-info file to
e.g. retired-info as part of the retirement process.

I just realised that committee-info.json actually includes additional
information compared with committee-info.txt
This is partly derived from data embedded in Whimsy code, and partly
from the website (e.g. the titles for the PMCs)

So any copying would have to be from the json version of the file.
[The PMC membership and chair info would not need to be kept.]

Which suggests that maybe the historical data could be automatically
maintained by Whimsy.
Or at least directly from Whimsy data.