attic-general mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Write access to attic SVN website files
Date Wed, 15 Aug 2012 09:26:17 GMT
On 15 August 2012 07:49, Henri Yandell <henri@yandell.org> wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 12, 2012 at 5:05 PM, sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 12 August 2012 18:16, Henri Yandell <bayard@apache.org> wrote:
>>> Ambivalent :)
>>>
>>> I do strongly believe that attic should equal attic-pmc. ie) there's
>>> no real issue with the current setup as you should be on the PMC (so
>>> should Henning).
>>
>> There are two disadvantages to this:
>> - it forces potential editors to join the PMC; they then need to
>
> Pretty minor. They are effectively joining the PMC if they want to
> engage in CTR anyway, especially in this 'project'.

That's not true of other projects I'm on (Commons, JMeter, HC).
CTR is allowed to project members; it's not reserved to PMC members.
Where RTC is required it normally applies to PMC as well.

>> subscribe to private@attic
>
> Low volume list, and I don't see that it should be required :)

Then one is not participating fully as a PMC member.

Was that for @members?
Or @committers?

> I'd love to go further and declare all of @members to be on the PMC
> (and not require subscription).

Not sure why that would be a helpful.
What is the point of being on a PMC unless one participates - which
IMO requires following private@ ?

Also PMCs are a legal structure; not sure it would be possible to
bypass the vote/board ACK.