attic-general mailing list archives

From Henri Yandell <he...@yandell.org>
Subject Re: Write access to attic SVN website files
Date Wed, 15 Aug 2012 06:49:02 GMT
On Sun, Aug 12, 2012 at 5:05 PM, sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 12 August 2012 18:16, Henri Yandell <bayard@apache.org> wrote:
>> Ambivalent :)
>>
>> I do strongly believe that attic should equal attic-pmc. ie) there's
>> no real issue with the current setup as you should be on the PMC (so
>> should Henning).
>
> There are two disadvantages to this:
> - it forces potential editors to join the PMC; they then need to

Pretty minor. They are effectively joining the PMC if they want to
engage in CTR anyway, especially in this 'project'.

> subscribe to private@attic

Low volume list, and I don't see that it should be required :)

> - updating the PMC requires a vote and a board ACK

Fair point on the 72h delay being a pain the first time.

> An alternative might be to permit @members (or even @committers) to
> edit the Attic site.

+1.

I'd love to go further and declare all of @members to be on the PMC